Oops… that’s a show stopper one..
How did it happen..?
Most of the time when I try to reproduce a crash issue I start thinking from the very first step and finally end up nowhere. Often the crash should have happened with the last step only.. Mostly it wouldn’t have any relation with the initial steps. So I am training myself to just recollect and redo the final steps.
Okay, so how all normally a show stopper issue or the so called crash issue happens in a mobile application?
I am adding a few of such checkpoints here…
- While the activity is playing in the app, just come out of the same by pressing the home button of the device and then try to return back
- Make the app in background by launching another app and then return to the app under test from recent window.
- Do interrupt the app via some mechanisms like phone calls or messaging
- Try an offline testing
- Try a test under weak battery
- Try offline-online switching frequently
- Landscape- portrait switching
- Access the app via multiple accounts at the same time
- Delete and already deleted item from the app if it’s shown for a while