High Maturity Clarifications
- BO needs to be quantitative and traceable to sub process measures through PPO.
- Organizational Innovation and Deployment (OID) changed to Organizational Performance Management (OPM).
- CAR an advanced PA, could be applied across all Pas.
- For more information refer CMMI Dev V 1.2 Vs V 1.3 – ML5 PAs
More Effective GPs
- Renamed GP 2.6 as ‘Control Work Products’ (earlier it was ‘Manage configurations’).
- GP 2.9 is now ‘Objectively evaluate adherence of selected work products’. ‘Selected work products’ now provide more flexibility.
- Simplified the GP 3.2. Earlier statement ‘Collect work products, measures, measurement results, and improvement information’ is now replaced with ‘Collect process-related experiences’
- Level 4 and 5 generic goals and practices eliminated. For more information read How can you achieve CMMI High Maturity in a continuous Representation..?
- All the three constellations of CMMI V 1.3 –SVC, ACQ and Dev- got released in the same time, considering all the similarities across them
- Out of the 22 process areas,16 are core process areas, 1 is shared and are 5 development specific process areas. (A core process area is a process area that is common to all CMMI models. A shared process area is shared by at least two CMMI models, but not all of them)
Changes in Process Area
Architecture related changes
- ‘Typical work products’ referred in CMMI-Dev, V 1.2 will be are now called ‘example work products.
- ‘Amplification’ model component has been removed, making the model simpler.
- ‘IPPD’ addition has been removed from V 1.3. You don’t see the term ‘IPPD’ anywhere in the model.
New areas included in PA descriptions while providing interpretation of SPs and GPs
- Agile methods
- Quality attributes (i.e., non functional requirements or “ilities”)
- Allocation of product capabilities to release increments.
- Product lines
- System of systems
- Reuse -centric development practices
- Customer satisfaction